Sunday, November 13, 2011

"There, I Fixed It!"

I spent most of the day poking around underneath, where I knew most of the problems would be.  The frame still look good -- rust-free and straight as far as I can tell.  The body tub on the other hand is is badly rusted and has had crude repairs which should probably be fixed, but nothing that can't wait.  The worst thing I found was this (see picture) -- apparently someone broke the lower mount bolt on the passenger side rear last time the shock absorber was replaced.  Instead of replacing the shock mount / clip plate assembly, they just wrapped some wire around the shock and the leaf spring to keep it from walking off what was left of the shock mount.  It's obviously been there for a long time, because the wire was so badly corroded I was able to break it by prying with a screwdriver.   No big deal since I was planning on rebuilding the suspension anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment